Wednesday, January 13, 2010

38.5 week Dr. Appointment

This morning was my weekly Dr. appointment with Dr. Crenshaw...and we have PROGRESS. Just a pinch of progress, but I was just thankful there was something happening after all the contractions I've been having over the last week - I am 2 cm dilated, 50% effaced, and -2 station (baby is moving on down). My BP wasn't horrible, but not great (126/84) - so I'm going to keep watching it and having the nurse here check periodically at work. Nash's heart rate was in the low 140's, and I'm still measuring a little behind at 37 weeks (I'm OK with that - hopefully this means Nash will be accommodating and not be a huge baby!). Other than that, it was a pretty routine appointment and I'll go back next Wednesday - assuming baby is still hanging out in my belly (ok, ok, in my ribs really). I'm assuming we'll talk induction dates if nothing has happened by then. I would definitely rather things happen on their own so I do not have to be induced, but with the risks associated with going past due and GD - I'm willing to listen to Dr. Crenshaw's advice and be cooperative. (And the more uncomfortable I get...the more open I am to the discussion!)

In other news...our washer drain pipe is officially unfrozen. I've done two successful (not resulting in a flooded laundry room) loads of laundry since - yay for clean clothes! Our "to do" list is getting shorter each day...Matt installed the window treatments upstairs as of last evening - thanks baby! It's taking some getting used to, but I think we'll really like not having to hide from the street as we sit on the toilet! We do need to get the curtains hemmed - but one task at a time, right? Nash's bag is officially packed for the hospital, and mine is pretty darn close. Matt's bag will be packed at the last minute I'm sure - he is so much better at that than me, I will inevitably forget something if I don't pack using a list!

We'll try to get a 39 week picture up on Friday - THIRTY NINE WEEKS - holy cow. Seriously? I'm going to be a momma! Soon, and very soon. Whoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment