Still smiling through the ouchy ears, stuffy nose, and coughs...what a trooper!
Monday, September 27, 2010
So, what we thought was a cold and teething…really is a double ear infection. Our poor little guy is such a trooper and putting up with pain most kiddos would be furious about. His disposition has been pretty happy for the most part and he never ran a fever, so we just assumed he had a cold. Until the past few days when he stopped eating well and stopped sleeping well – we knew something was up. He’s on an antibiotic now, so hopefully we’ll kick this soon!
Monday, September 20, 2010
Move in day was September 18. It’s so nice to finally be in OUR home, the home that we plan to raise our babies in and make many memories. Boxes are still everywhere, but we are in – and that’s what counts. We love all the space, the pool, the kitchen, the basement, the yard, the neighborhood…it feels like home already. Coffee maker is plugged in, beds are made, and shower curtains are up – that’s all we need for now. Thanks to Annie for coming in for the weekend and helping with Nash while we made the move – it was so nice to know Nash was well cared for and getting lots of extra cuddles while we were busy packing and moving.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Our Nash man just continues to get cuter by the month, I swear he does. He is so busy and so full of life, he is hard to keep up with sometimes! We wouldn’t have it any other way, and it is such a joy to get to watch him grow and learn and become a sweet little boy.
- Nash is starting to eat more solids now...he's enjoying puffs and veggie crisps and dried fruit crumbles...things that easily melt in his mouth. He does pretty well with them, and Roscoe is there to be SURE nothing hits the ground.
- The bottle routine has stayed pretty much the same, although with new teeth coming in - he's not quite as excited about his bottle some days.
- We've introduced a sippy cup, and he's doing OK with it....just not very interested at this point. I'm sure it will come with time, but right now he'd rather just play with it and bang it around. And of course we haven't found ones that don't leak...
- Nash's favorite toys are growing in size...he's now playing with toys that he pushes around. Yes, you read that right. PUSHES. As in, walks behind the sucker as it moves across the room. Anyone with tips on how to persuade an 8 month old he doesn't need to grow up so fast?
- Still in size 3 diapers, but becoming quite the wiggle worm during diaper changes. The twist is officially perfected.
- We are celebrating Nash's 8 month birthday by moving into the new house...so we're packing around here. As I said before...I'm sure we're in for another big adjustment time in the sleep department, but at least we know this one should be for good.
- We'll visit the Dr. next month for his 9 month well baby visit, so we're not quite sure how big Nash is, but he's by far the smallest one of his age at daycare. His buddies Eli, Adaya, and Lanie are quite the chunkers!
Quite the cute cheeseball, huh?
Soaking in some sun with Nannie
Smiling for Opa
Family pic before mom and dad left for a wedding...Nannie and Opa watched Nash for the night.
So, Nash's "red" hair doesn't hold a candle to Tony's...
We're going with strawberry blond. :)
Saturday, September 11, 2010
So, I sat Nash down on his blanket to play with his toys while I made some coffee – a pretty normal routine for us. But on this day, before I even had the coffee beans in the grinder, I felt a little tug at my leg. Nash Thomas…at my side. This little guy is fast! Roscoe doesn’t quite know what to do now that his little sidekick is on the move. Not sure mom and dad know what to do either…he’s growing up so fast!