Friday, January 8, 2010

38 weeks today! (Plus a little dinner and drama...)

HOLY GOODNESS! 38 weeks today...it is so surreal that Matt and I will be caring for a new human being in a few short weeks! We are definitely ready to meet little Nash...I definitely and getting very anxious to find out if Nash has girl parts or boy parts! For 38 weeks, I would still consider myself lucky for feeling pretty good. There are definitely uncomfortable times, but generally I feel OK. BH contractions have definitely kicked into high gear - my Dr. calls them my "homework". Heartburn is at it's peak, my feet and ankles definitely are swollen by the time I get home from work, and little Nash's movements are limited to rolls and stretches - not much room left in there!

38 weeks

Nash is estimated to be about the size of a leek according to babycenter.com - 6.8 lbs and 19.5 inches long. All organs are mature and ready for life outside of my belly! According to our latest ultrasound on Wednesday of this week, Nash was estimated to weight 6 lbs and 4 oz and is in the 25th percentile for gestational age. They performed a biophysical profile to be sure all things looked OK, that baby was growing as he/she should be, that baby wasn't too big because of my gestational diabetes, that there was enough fluid, etc. Nash and I passed with flying colors! In addition, my BP was great - back to my normal 110/70 and there was no dilation change from last week - still at 1 cm. Dr. Crenshaw didn't want to talk induction dates just yet because everything looked so good, and we're totally OK with that. We'd much rather have little Nash come on his/her own time!

37 weeks (Jan 1)

Now for the dinner and drama...

dinner...
It's a fun filled night at the Murphy home. Matthew is cooking me dinner for my birthday (my actual birthday is Sunday) and below is proof:

Isn't he adorable ? :)


Sirloin steaks and asparagus on the grill (did I mention it's 16 with a wind chill of 11 out? and he's grilling for me??) and some pretty yummy smelling onion/rotel scalloped potatoes. I can't wait to eat! Thank you for being so sweet baby...I love it when I don't have to cook - always a great birthday present!

drama...
So, while Matt was so graciously making dinner, I thought I would do a load of laundry knowing Matt would want to wear his new Eagles sweatshirt for the game tomorrow. Sort the laundry, fill the washer, add detergent, add clothes, spin cycle...and then the dreaded sound of water rushing as the washer began to drain. BLUH. Our pipes must have frozen in this crazy cold weather Memphis has been experiencing. And I'm not quite in condition to pull out the dryer/washer and mop up all the water that had now flooded our laundry room, let alone crawl under the house and try to deal with unfreezing the pipe. (If only I washed clothes on hot - this is what I get for attempting to be environmentally friendly by using cold water all of the time..) Anyway...so after our yummy yummy dinner we're about to eat - Matthew has to crawl under the house in an attempt to unfreeze the pipe. We're not brave enough to leave it, considering it's supposed to be colder tonight and the water that DID make it down the drain is sure to freeze. Lovely!

One last (but not least) item - HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNIE! My mother in law, Annie, is celebrating her birthday today and we wish her all the best. Looks like she's out of the running though to share a birthday with Nash, unless something crazy happens in the next 5 hours! Happy birthday Annie...we hope you are having a great day - we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment