Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thanksgiving and a PA Baby Shower

Matt and I spent Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania this year and completely stuffed ourselves as usual (I did try to be on my best behavior!). It was great to get to spend so much time with the Murphy crew (and the Koch etc. crew), and I think Matt was actually able to visit with most of the friends he had hoped to catch up with.

We flew into Newark the Wednesday before Thanksgiving where Frank and Annie picked us up (Thanks! We realize it was a long, late night!). Matt then ran from Pottsville to his cousin Jane's on Thanksgiving day. He made it safely through all the hills and winds and turns, and for that I was VERY thankful! We had a great time at Jane and Brian's - lots of sweet kiddos, one cuddly puppy, enormous amounts of cheese, Guesstures, and so much laughter I'm surprised Nash isn't with us today!

On Saturday after Thanksgiving, Annie was back at it again throwing me a baby shower at her home. The house was quickly filled with friends and family who brought the sweetest and cutest gifts - Matt and I are so lucky to have so many people willing to help us prepare for Nash's arrival (although I'm not sold on the fact that this kiddo needs a pinball machine on his/her birthday...). It was really a great chance for us to get to see so many people we haven't seen since our wedding. Mark had our new camera in hand and was taking some shots for us, so some of those are posted here. Annie - I can't thank you enough for such a great afternoon...the food was great and so was the company. Your home looked amazing (as always) and your gifts so generous. Thank you!

Guests and the lovely hostess!

More guests

Jill - our note taker for the day

A year in clothes from Annie - what a cute idea! Outfits for every age/season...love it!

A gift for me! Cuddly robe and slipper set from Julie.

Teeny PSU socks.




Mrs. Miller winning the prize...by cutting the string that closely matched the circumference of my belly!


Our evening on the couch "watching football".

No comments:

Post a Comment