Tuesday, December 8, 2009

33 weeks - A growing belly and a mini photo session

Last Friday was 33 weeks. 33 weeks sounds like a really long time, doesn't it? Let me tell you, these have been the fastest 33 weeks ever! I can't believe we'll be meeting little Nash in about 7 weeks! We are definitely very ready and very not ready at the same time. The 'peek a boo' belly shot below was taken by our friend Liz...more to come on that later!


33 weeks


Frank - your grandson/daughter is projected to be the size of a pineapple! About 4 pounds and 17 inches long...pretty hard to believe he/she is growing so quickly. Along with the growing baby comes a growing belly! I may have gained a pound or so since my last appointment, but I can definitely tell that my fingers and toes are starting to take on some water. My wedding band and engagement ring (which are now super shiny thanks to Uncle Pat!) are wearable for a few hours, but definitely get tight quickly. I have put the shiny, real ones away until after Nash arrives and am now sporting a lovely CZ I scored at Kohls for $4. Other belly news is pretty minimal...

  • Nash is starting to get a bit crowded, I can tell that he/she has less room to move around. I am now getting more flips and flops than jabs and punches. Definitely doing kick counts every morning though to be sure.
  • I'm having quite a few Braxton Hicks contractions during the day, and I can definitely tell a difference when I force myself to drink more water. They usually calm down once I get home for the day and make myself relax.
  • Stretch marks - no
  • The big line down my belly - no
  • Heartburn - ohmygoodness yes (Sorry Frank - I probably should've refilled the bottle in the kitchen before we left!)
  • Pediatrician - yes! We met with a pediatrician that came highly rec commended to us and really liked her (and her northeastern attitude!). Not to mention her resume includes Johns Hopkins undergrad, Albert Einstein Medical School, and Yale residency.
  • Baby laundry - working on it!

My next appointment with Dr. Crenshaw is this Wednesday afternoon, so I should have an update on little Nash after that!

We have two more childbirth preparation classes to go. Last week we watched our first video, which I believe was quite shocking for the men in the room. Let me just say I'm thankful to see it once - but there will definitely be no mirror involved and my sweet Matthew will be right next to my head when the time comes. This week's class will be focused on pain management (drugs and breathing techniques) and the last week will be focused on breastfeeding and infant care.

On Sunday, our good friend Liz came over take some photographs of Matt and I (and belly) together. She has a fancy camera (we do too, but have no clue how to use it yet!) and her photos always turn out great! We are so happy that she was able to do this for us and I think we got some pretty good shots out of the mini session. Thanks Liz! Below are some of my favorites.









1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see that belly in person! :) too cute...and i already miss feeling movement in my belly, there's nothing like it! enjoy every minute of these last few weeks....and get as much rest as possible! nothing beats being a momma, and you are going to be a GREAT one! i love you and matt and roscoe and nash so much! xoxo. see you SOON!

    ReplyDelete