Tuesday, September 1, 2009

All Things Philadelphia

This past weekend Matt and I flew to Philadelphia for our last wedding of the season (can I get a woo woo!?!). Our friends Bobby and Jaime, who both went to Temple Law with Matt, were getting married. We took the opportunity to stay with Matt's brother Mark for the weekend - thank you Mark! It was so good to get to see him, and the free lodging was quite nice as well. I definitely didn't last to the wee hours of the morning catching up with Matt and Mark, but the laughter (and the empty wine box on the counter the next morning) told me they had a good time.

Here is a pic of Bobby and Jamie walking down the aisle as Mr. and Mrs. Bobby serves in the Marines and was in full uniform for the occasion. What a great looking couple!


Matt and I at the wedding reception.

On Sunday after the wedding, we were able to attend a Phillies game at Citizens Bank ballpark. Bobby had graciously organized a massive amount of tickets and a tailgate for his friends who were in town for the wedding. The game was originally planned for the afternoon, and got moved to the night game...which meant instead of flying out at 8 pm on Sunday evening, we were up bright and early on Monday morning flying out at 6 am!

Bobby and Matt* tailgating.

*Matt had this shirt made to "inform" our friends that I was expecting a baby. The shirt is quite funny when we're standing next to each other - not quite the same effect with Bobby in the picture. Don't you just love his sense of humor!?!


Bobby, Matt, myself, and Jamie after the Phillies won.

I am starting to get extremely excited about hanging out with little Nash this upcoming Friday for our 20 week ultrasound. My appointment is at 8:30 am and then I'll see Dr. Crenshaw afterwards. I am really lucky that Matt is able to take the time to come with me, it really means a lot that he can be there. I'm looking forward to seeing how much he/she has grown! I'm pretty much strictly in maternity clothes now...I can still fit into some of my stretchy summer skirts - but that's pushing it! Below is a pic of the belly at 19 weeks...definitely growing!

19 weeks

3 comments:

  1. i love the u/s pictures! looks like a real baby! you better post them on here for everyone...i can't believe that in a few months there will be 3 grandchildren in our family! :) can't wait! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're bump has appeared overnight...it wasn't that big a couple weeks ago. I love Matt's shirt...LOL. You can tell he's very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nana Kay and Papa JoeySeptember 6, 2009 at 7:59 PM

    It is so exciting to see your baby "bump"! Looks like we sent the shirt just in time! I will be keeping up with your pics. Nash( in utero )has officially joined Mya and Macy on our kitchen fridge. It is getting pretty full-just like when all of you still lived at home. Take care and we will see you all soon.

    ReplyDelete