Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Introducing...baby bump!

This past weekend I was able to fly home to help host my little sister Jessi's baby shower. She's due with twin girls in October! I cant' tell you how excited I am to meet these two little cuties - Mya JoLynn and Macy Ann. My youngest sister Katy, myself, and my mom threw Jessi a shower at my parents house - it was a busy place last Saturday. The amount of cuteness that filled the house was unbelievable. We were so lucky to get to have our family in from Bloomington as well as some of Jessi's friends from all over the state. I know she was so thankful for your prescence and your presents!


Nash sisters - Katy, Jessi (31 weeks), Amy (18 weeks)


I know what you're thinking...where did that belly come from? I left last week able to still fit in my work skirts and some of my pants....and came back Monday with a bump. Everyone told me it would appear overnight, and it absolutely did! Baby Nash is no longer hiding - he/she is quite obvious under my shirt!

There was a special treat on Friday evening, my mom was able to sneak Jessi and I up to the OB unit at her hospital (she's a labor and delivery nurse) and hook us up to the fetal monitors they use to perform non-stress tests. She found Nash's heartbeat and so we listened for about 5 minutes as it printed on a little sheet for us to keep. It was pretty awesome to hear, I was sad that Matt wasn't able to be there with us! I know it may be hard to see, but the printout is below. Nash's little heartbeat was right around 150 the whole time we listened - too fun! The craziness began as mom hooked Jessi up and tried to track down Mya and Macy. They had their hands full chasing them around - and they're still in the womb! Good luck Jess! ;)
It was a great weekend spent at home, and we're on the road again this weekend. We're off to Philly for a wedding (yes, another one!). We're squeezing in a Phillies game on Sunday evening too and taking an early flight back to Memphis Monday morning....should be a fun weekend, but it will be nice to get back home and know that we're in town for a couple of weeks - at least until Mya and Macy make their entrance!!!

1 comment:

  1. It's such a cute bump! Enjoy it while it's still small and cute---haha. :) It was great to see you this weekend and I can't wait to see you again when the girls arrive! Thank you for the amazing shower---I felt so spoiled all weekend! xoxo, love you!

    ReplyDelete