Sunday, August 16, 2009

Giving In and Joining the Blog World...

After numerous requests from far away family and friends, I've given in and created a blog! As most of you who may be reading this already know, Matt and I are expecting a baby in January of 2010. Although quite surprised, we are extremely excited and can't believe we'll own the title "parents" sooner than later!

We found out when I was about 7 weeks pregnant, and quickly shared the news with our immediate family. About a month later, we couldn't keep our secret any longer and began to tell extended family and friends.

Although we will not be finding out the sex of the baby (yay for surprises!), this kiddo already has a name. We've decided to use my maiden name as baby Murphy's first name, regardless of the sex. So, Nash Murphy's first photo is posted here - about 10 weeks in utero! Say hello!
Nash - 10 week sonogram


Since I shared the news with my family, I have been asked repeatedly to begin posting "belly bump" pictures (although there's not much of a bump yet!) so my family can keep up with the progress of this pregnancy from Indiana. Currently I am 17 weeks pregnant and Matt started documenting my belly today after church. Prepare to be underwhelmed - there is not much to see, although I'm sure that will be changing soon enough!


17 weeks


We are looking forward to our 20 week ultrasound in a few weeks. Hopefully we'll be able to keep this blog somewhat updated and be able to share pregnancy news and baby Murphy news!

2 comments:

  1. yay for the blog! :) you're right---no bump yet! you're skinny! one day you'll wake up---and it will be there though, i promise. can't wait to see you this weekend! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally a pic of your belly...although there is not much to see yet. See you on Friday!!

    ReplyDelete