Saturday, September 12, 2009

21 Weeks

I'm officially in the second half of my pregnancy...I feel like it was just yesterday we found out about our little one! Everyone assures me that the second half will go more slowly because of all the anticipation. At this point, I welcome that - I feel like there is still so much to do around here!

21 weeks

Matt will attest to the fact that I definitely feel like it's time to get moving on all the things we want to do around the house. The first big thing happening is a new paint job - not just for the baby's room, but for the entire downstairs. I'm pretty thrilled about having colors in the house - it will be a nice change from the lovely boring beige we've lived with for 3 years. Matt's mom helped us pick out colors...thank you Annie!

We'll be doing the main room (kitchen/living room/entry/stairwell) in a cool green color, Nash's room in a celery color, the bathroom in a bright blue, and the front bedroom in a warm blue/grey tone. The painters are coming on Tuesday, so the remainder of the weekend will be spent clearing off walls and shelves and moving all things away from the walls in preparation. We'll see how that plan fits into commercial breaks and halftime of all the good games on! Once the paint is in, we'll pick up the crib and dresser - I can't wait to see everything ready in the room. We're also in the process of shopping for a nice rocker/glider. And what's up with my urge to get a new oven/range and microwave after walking through Home Depot today. A bit over the top, I'm sure...

Back to baby news...this is the first week where I have definitely felt consistent movements courtesy of baby Nash. Only a few 'kicks', but lots of little flutters and flops. He/she definitely enjoyed my burrito from the Happy Mexican this afternoon! I'm anxious for Nash to start kicking hard enough for Matt to be able to feel it, although I'm sure that will still be a few weeks away.

Alright...off to start clearing off the walls and cleaning out closets. Or...watching football.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! This is all exciting stuff---so excited that you are feeling Nash move now! Enjoy it while it's soft and gentle... ;) I am also excited about your paint and nursery furniture--can't wait to see it! And I can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete