Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy First Birthday Nash Thomas!

Nash Thomas,

Today you are one year old, and I am more in love with you today than the day your slippery, pink, squirmy, naked body first made it's entrance to the world.  You are the most amazing little person I have ever met.  Your smile lights up the room and fills my heart with so much joy, so much that I think I may burst.  I never imagined that a human could love so much and so completely, but you have taught me how.  I thank God everyday for your life...I am so blessed that God chose me to be your momma.

In one short year, I have learned more about myself and love and relationship and selflessness than I ever thought possible.  My life is perfect with you in it.  The bond that you and your Daddy and I share as a sweet little family of 3 is so special...and although one day we hope to expand on that, right now we are soaking up every moment that you are our one and only. 

I must say, I always envisioned myself as a momma to girls - but by the time you had spent about 14 weeks in my belly - I knew I would be a momma to a baby boy.  I don't know how I knew, but I did.  We never got confirmation that you were a "he", but I knew it in my heart and couldn't have been happier about it.  The bond of a momma and her boys is something special - everyone told me so, and now I understand. 

You have grown so much this year - from a teeny 5 pound 12 ounce newborn to a 19 pound one year old - and it has all gone so fast.  There have been lots of changes during your first year of life:  we moved from Memphis where you were born, Daddy moved to his law firm's headquarters in Nashville, we moved into an apartment while looking for a new house, Mommy started a new job in Nashville after being so lucky to get to stay home with you until you were almost 8 months old, and moving into a new house!  Whew - you have been busy, but you have taken everything in stride and probably have a laid back personality because of all the craziness that you've been through this first year! 

You have a very calm demeanor most of the time, although it doesn't take much to get you riled up and laughing hysterically.  A quick nursery rhyme of "this little piggie" will get you laughing from across the room, or a few raspberries on  your belly....a tickle of your toes or a quick game of peekaboo - any of those things get you going.  You never fail to let us know when you are hungry or tired - but are pretty stubborn when it comes to letting us know you don't feel well.  You give the best slobbery kisses and are learning to hug.  You definitely prefer mommy and daddy, but are pretty easy going with new faces after a few minutes.  I love all of these things about you and so many more...

I love you from your tippy toes to your the last red hair on your cute little head - you are the one who made me a momma and I have never loved any other title better than that - Nash's momma.  You are my love bug, my Nashman, my sweet little dude...I can't wait to see what your second year has in store for you.  

xxoo,
momma

No comments:

Post a Comment