Sunday, January 9, 2011

30? Really?

A break from all of the "Nash-ness" that is this blog...Nash's momma turns 30 tomorrow!  Holy crap.  My mom said it best when she said in her text to me "It could be worse...this time 30 years ago, I was in labor!".  Thanks mom...you're so right!  (Although, I had a lovely epidural for labor - my mom didn't - so to me...it wasn't so bad.  Digressing...)

I'M THIRTY.  whoa.  Although many other people have reminded me that now that I am a mommy...many folks no longer care about my age, they care about the age of my children.  (Which, by the way, I am soon to be a mommy to a one year old!)  So, I'm going with that.  No one cares that I'm 30, right?  ha!

And by thew ay, I have an awesome husband who planned a super fun weekend for me...friends from Memphis and Atlanta came into town, babysitters all organized, dinner plans, etc. and we've been celebrating and hanging out all weekend. 

I love my life, my husband, my sweet baby, and my friends - some of the best friends you could ever have.  For all of those things - I am so lucky.  I am lucky to be 30, and I am lucky that I love my life.  I am so blessed beyond belief, and I thank God for it everyday.

Thank God for being 30 and all of the amazing pieces of love and laughter and experience that have been woven together over the past 30 years.  Here's to the next 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment