Monday, November 16, 2009

Baby Shower & 30 Weeks!

Another week has passed, and another fun weekend has come and gone. This past Friday my mom and grandma drove into town to spend the weekend, what a treat! We pretty much relaxed most of the weekend. Friday night we watched the season opener for the Hoosiers, Saturday I had my first baby shower followed by an evening of college football, and Sunday was our fall kickball tournament which was followed by a late lunch, naps, and a super fun Colts vs. Patriots game. It was a good Sunday to be a Colts fan!

I am so blessed and so thankful to have such great friends in Liz, Jen, and Brandy. They threw me the most perfect brunch shower on Saturday morning. We (myself, mom, and grandma) arrived to Liz's house at 11 am to find this sweet sign on the door:


Bunnies!

Liz did an amazing job with the decorations...she used our bedding for Nash as a theme for the shower and created the invitations and made decorations accordingly. She's so creative! Guests enjoyed a yummy "Coffee Punch" and mimosas and received adorable magnetic frames as favors. Jen and Brandy made quite the spread for the food buffet: french toast casserole, omelets, assorted breads and muffins, cherry tomatoes stuffed with a cream cheese/sausage/bacon/basil spread, fruit, and my favorite - sausage and cream cheese croissant sandwiches! After gift opening we were treated to probably the best caramel cake I've ever had. And YES, I did sample most everything - I was just sure to take an extra long walk afterward and my blood sugar level was great!

Yummy food buffet - and more bunny decorations! Love it!



Isn't this sign so sweet? It's now in Nash's nursery.

It's pretty amazing how generous my friends and family are...Nash received some pretty nice loot. He/she now has a stroller, a swing, a boppy pillow, a baby carrier, an activity mat, bottles, toys, bunny artwork from great great Uncle Dick (my grandfather's brother), sleepers and onesies, a diaper pail, a few loveys, a tummy time mat (so soft I want to take it to bed with me!), letters to spell his/her name above the crib, a photo album and frame, and gift cards - one to be used at Best Buy towards a DSLR camera mommy and daddy have been wanting and one to be used for Nash's first year of professional photos at a photographer of our choice. How fun is that?

Brandy, Jen, me, Liz
The lovely hostesses - and some of my best friends! Can I thank you enough?


Me and my mom...it was really special to have her make the drive into town for my shower. Thank you mom! I love you.

me, Mom, Grandma Harshman, Aunt Becky

Not only was it a beautiful shower, but we had a beautiful day in Memphis. Thank you to all my friends who were able to join us on Saturday! Click here to see the full album from the baby shower, or watch the slideshow below.






Last Friday marked 30 weeks of being pregnant, 10 to go. I really feel so lucky to still feel so good this far along in my pregnancy. The GD has been just a small hurdle, but I'm getting used to what I can and can't (or shouldn't!) eat. It seems that the key is ensuring a 15 or 20 minute walk after lunch and dinner. All the times we've walked following, my blood sugar levels have been great. The times I haven't walked, my blood sugar is definitely higher - although rarely over the number my doctor wants me to stay at. I'm definitely learning that I CAN have most things, it's just a matter of determining the portion I can consume that keeps me within the number of carbs I'm allowed to have.

In other pregnancy news:
  • My belly button has officially declared itself an "outie"
  • No stretch marks just yet, yay! (I've read that most women who get them have them by this stage...keeping my fingers crossed!)
  • We begin childbirth/infant care classes this Thursday
  • We're both starting to have "girl" feelings after months of "boy" thoughts
We'll be home this weekend, hopefully doing some organizing (I know how much Matt loves when I say the word "organize"!) and finding room for all the goodies we recieved this past weekend. The weekends are filling up quickly. Here's a rundown of now through the end of the year:

Home - Nov 20/21/22
Thanksgiving weekend in Pottsville - Nov 27/28/29
Home - Dec 4/5/6
Huntsville, Alabama for Matt's marathon - Dec 11/12/13
Christmas weekends in Indiana - Dec 18/19/20 and Dec 25/26/27

I can't believe there are only SIX weeks left of this year - it's crazy. When we get back from Indiana...baby Nash could make his/her appearance anytime. Wow. Wow. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment