Saturday, October 10, 2009

25 weeks!

Yesterday marked the end of 25 weeks since this baby has been growing my belly. It's pretty nuts to think that there's only 15 weeks left of carrying Nash and being his/her sole source of nutrition and protection! And in those 15 weeks we have lots of fun things scheduled - Matt turns 30 next week, our friends Phil and Molly and cousins Jill and Mark are coming into town to spend a long weekend with us, a baby shower thrown by my sweet friends the following weekend, childbirth classes, Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania with Matt's family, a possible trip to Atlanta to visit friends (and get some baby goods from their sweet girls who have outgrown them!), Christmas in Indiana with my family (and loving on my sweet neices!), New Years in Memphis, my birthday in January, and then this kiddo will be here a few weeks after that! WHEW!

Nash is about the size of a rutabega at this point - 13 1/2 inches long and about 1 1/2 pounds. This week has probably been his/her most active for sure...early in the morning and late at night is when he/she is most active - although Nash was quite the dancer at the Lucero concert (free CD release party at the Shell in midtown - awesome) that we went to on Thursday night. He/she was kicking so hard, I had to pull Matt's hand over to my bump and let him get in on the action - it wasn't hard for him to feel it, that's for sure. The look on Matt's face was pretty priceless...love it!

Last Friday marked the end of 24 weeks, which is a pretty big week in the development of little Nash. At this point, if he/she would be viable with intensive care if something unfortunate were to happen and the baby had to be delivered.

25 weeks

1 comment:

  1. Oh my God! I don't think it really sunk in until I saw your cute little belly. Congratulations! We can't wait to come see you (and your belly) in November! We love you!

    Heart,
    Jill and Mark

    ReplyDelete