Thursday, August 12, 2010

"What's your emergency?"

In my 29 1/2 years of life, I've never dialed 911.  Nash has me beat - by a long shot.  Not even 7 months old...he made his first emergency call to 911.  No, I'm not kidding.

Roscoe was asleep on the bed, Nash was playing on the floor with toys (and obviously my phone was lying there too) - I thought I probably had a few seconds to steal away to use the restroom.  As I'm washing my hands, I hear my phone ringing and rush out to answer it.  "Emergency dispatch, what's your emergency ma'am?" 

To say I was a bit shocked was an understatement...as I explained to the woman the only people around were my 6 month old and my Labrador retriever.  As I begged her not to send any emergency vehicles to our apartment, Nash played quietly on the floor as if he was completely innocent.  Thankfully, after speaking to a supervisor - I convinced them there really was NO emergency and that we did not need a police officer, EMT, or a fireman to come to our rescue.

Nash man...you little bugger!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment