Friday, April 23, 2010

Grandma Kay's Visit

(I am very far behind...the next few post's will be catch up!)

Back in April, my mom drove to Memphis for a long weekend visit.  We had a great time with her...the weather was perfect and we attempted to do as much relaxing as possible!  She drove in and got here late Thursday evening.  Friday morning we took Nash for a walk in his stroller and stopped for brunch at a new place in our neighborhood - mom had the most amazing pancake ever and I enjoyed a ham and cheese quiche with yummy (aka buttery) home fries.  Roscoe joined us after brunch as we finished out our walk before heading to Aunt Becky's to hang out for the afternoon.  We sat on her back deck and enjoyed the gorgeous weather - we stripped Nash down and let him enjoy the weather nude (in the shade of course!). 

The weekend got a little crazy as we got calls to show the house both Saturday and Sunday.  When that happens, all goodness breaks loose in our house and we scramble around to get all of the baby gear in the nursery, furniture dusted, counters cleared, floors de-furred, and carpets vacuumed.  WHEW.  If I'm here alone, and Nash is very good (napping) it takes me about 90 minutes to do everything I want to do.  I know I totally go overboard - but what if the one who is seeing the house is THE one?  haha....I know I'm crazy.  Thank goodness my mom was around that weekend...we had 5 showings between Saturday and Sunday.  Not to mention the fan fiasco that was our Saturday morning (don't ask).  Anyway - she was a huge help in getting the house ready or keeping Nash entertained while we got the house ready. 

Not only did she help us get the house ready, but she watched Nash on Saturday night while Matt and I went on a date - yay!  We started in Cooper Young and met some friends at Cafe Ole for a pitcher of margaritas and then headed downtown where we enjoyed dinner at McEwans - a staple downtown that we've been meaning to go to for a long time.  It was delicious, and we topped it off with dessert from the Cheesecake Corner in the south main district.  We brought the cheesecake home and shared it with our sweet babysitter!

Sunday evening (after showing the house 4 times!), our friends Danny and Jen came over for burgers before we all headed out to Minglewood Hall to see Amos Lee.  Aunt Becky came over to sit with Nash while we were at the show.  We love Amos Lee's albums, and his live show was so awesome.  It was so much fun to be able to take my mom with us - she loves Amos Lee too, and I think she really enjoyed it. 

The next morning was Monday, which meant mom was returning to Indiana...we got up and said our goodbyes, which is always so sad!  We'll be seeing her soon though...we have a trip to Indiana planned for my high school reunion in June.

A few pictures from her visit...

So good to see you Grandma Kay!

Showing off his smiles to Grandma

Matt and I before heading out to dinner

Come back soon Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment